God doesn't want to keep us guessing about his plan. That’s why he chose to have it written down for us in the Bible. Your journey here on earth sets the stage for what will happen in eternity. You were created with a destiny—and God wants you to discover it and walk in it—from now to eternity.
You were planned for God’s pleasure.
- You were made to worship. “Every activity can be transformed into an act of worship when you do it for the praise, glory, and pleasure of God.”
- What God wants most from us is a relationship, trusting him completely, obeying him wholeheartedly, thanking him continually, using our abilities.
- God wants to be your best friend. “Knowing and loving God is our greatest privilege, and being known and loved is God’s greatest pleasure.”
- You were formed for God’s family. Ephesians 1 says, “His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure.”
- When we place our faith in Christ, God becomes our Father, we become his children, other believers become our brothers and sisters, and the church becomes our spiritual family.
- Baptism is not an optional ritual. It signifies your inclusion in God’s family. Your baptism declares your faith, shares Christ’s burial and resurrection, symbolizes your death to your old life, and announces your new life in Christ.
You were created to become like Christ.
- God wants you to become godly—taking on his values, attitudes, and character. Ephesians 4 says, “Take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you.”
- God’s ultimate goal for your life on earth is not comfort, but character development.
You were shaped for serving God.
- You were put on earth to make a contribution. “God has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do.” (Ephesians [2:10])
- We should each be connected to a church family to fulfill our calling of serving other believers in practical ways. (I Cor. [12:27])
- God wants to use you to make a difference in his world. He wants to work through you.
- You have spiritual gifts that need to be unwrapped.
- Understand your natural abilities. “You shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb.” (Psalm 139) Your abilities come from God, and every ability can be used for God’s glory.
- You’ve been shaped by your experiences, even the painful ones. When others are troubled, we will e able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” (II Cor. 1:4)
You were made for a mission.
- To fulfill your mission will require that you abandon your agenda and accept god’s agenda for your life. “Give yourselves completely to God—every part of you. . . to be tools in the hands of God, to be used for his good purposes.” (Romans 12)
- Share your life message—your life lessons, and your godly passions. Shift from local thinking to global thinking. Shift from “here and now” thinking to eternal thinking. Shift from thinking of excuses to thinking of creative ways to fulfill your commission.
Life’s 5 greatest questions:
- What will be the center of my life?
- What will be the character of my life?
- What will be the contribution of my life?
- What will be the communication of my life?
- What will be the community of my life?
- Read “The Purpose-Driven Life” by Rick Warren. Underline certain phrases that are meaningful to you.
- Write down your action steps. How will you put what God is showing you into practice?
- Share these thoughts with another mature believer and ask to be held accountable.
The Purpose-Driven Life, by Pastor Rick Warren
Want to find what the Bible teaches about self-worth? Read the article, “Biblical Self-Worth”.
Still unsure if you should believe what the Bible says. Check out this article, “Why Believe the Bible”.
Unsure if you should believe what the Bible says? Check this out: “Why Believe the Bible”.
To leave a testimonial:
- Comment on the show-notes of a given podcast episode (either within your podcast app or on our website)
- Leave us a voice mail on our Google Voice #: 1-425-998-6083
- Email us:
To connect with us: